Andrew Grant-Adamson has 5 tests for a newspaper blog
- Does it do anything which cannot better be done in another section of the site?
- Does it develop the paper’s interaction with the readers?
- Does it gain a valuable audience? (A particular niche, readers who are new to the paper etc)
- Can you give the blogger sufficient time to blog successfully?
- Have you chosen a writer or writers who have the aptitude to blog successfully?
As he says “By no means exhaustive”, but it raises some interesting questions.